Family Law Services
If you are going through a divorce or separation, we can assist with all legal aspects relating to the process.
Whether your matter involves the division of the equity in your family home and arrangements for your children or is more complex involving businesses and other assets, we are able to assist you.
We work closely with leading senior family law barristers to develop the best possible strategy to resolve your matter as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
We will explain your legal rights and obligations in a clear and precise manner.
We can assist with all aspects of your separation including:
- Property and financial adjustments
- Court representation in litigated matters
- Complex property settlements involving companies, trust and partnerships
- Third party representation
- Financial Agreements including pre-nuptial, and agreements during the relationship and after separation
- Separation and Divorce
- Defacto relationships
- Parenting/custody arrangements for children
- Spousal maintenance
- Child support
- Alternative Dispute Resolution including mediation and arbitration
If you are not one of the parties that are separating, should you or can you, get involved?
Sometimes you have no option. For example, you may have lent your son or daughter money during the relationship and you want to ensure you are repaid this money. Or you might own a business and you have slowly given more control to your child as part of your estate planning.
You might be a grandparent and you are not being allowed to spend time with your grandchild.
We can provide you with independent legal advice in relation to your rights and if necessary, we can represent you in the Family Court.
Following the breakdown of a relationship, you may need to deal with a wide range of issues when determining how to divide your property.
In Family Law, "property" includes many things and when dealing with a property settlement you may need to consider the following:
- the family home
- investment properties
- trusts, companies and partnerships
- superannuation including self-managed funds
- liabilities of the relationship
West End Legal can provide you calm, objective, expert legal advice to resolve your matter as quickly and cost effectively as possible. If you require legal advice or assistance in regards to the division of your property, contact our experienced legal team today.